Sunday, August 24, 2014

Famous Last Words - Week 1

This week has been a whirlwind; the first week always is...and i've realized that still doesn't change as a senior.
I have had friends who have taken this class before and the response was always the same: "there is a lot of writing." To be honest, I came into this class a little worried, not knowing what to expect. However, I am pleasantly surprised. I've liked writing in this class because every assignment we have had, has been based on our own thoughts, our own interpretations, and our own feelings. I enjoy writing the most when I feel like I am expressing myself without bounds. Therefore, I would have to say that I feel I did the best on the Introduction post.
Usually in history or culture classes, you are strictly writing about something that has happened in history, and you can't put your own twist on history. This class has allowed us to mix history and our own thoughts. I believe that's actually allowed me to learn the information better; I am putting more thought into each individual topic.

There was one piece of writing that has stood out to me over all the others and that was Ryan's comment on my Introduction post. I think he has a very creative way of writing and I would love to incorporate some of that technique into my own writing.

As a Criminology major, i've taken every sociology class possible. As a senior, I am finally done with basics and just taking classes that are targeted to my major (other than this class.) With each sociology class, you learn something different about the human mind and the human experience. Currently I am in Gangs and Violence, Methods, and Social Statistics.
Overall, I like learning about people....so this class has been interesting to me. I'm learning about a whole new culture of people that I previously knew nothing about.

As most college students have realized by now, time management is so important yet so tricky. This week I learned about an iPhone app called "Up Next." Basically, it tracks both your calendar and To Do list on your phone and categorizes it so you can see what is coming "up next" in your week. You can set reminders or add new events. Aside from that, it has shortcuts to driving directions and phone calls. It's been very helpful for me because I have to be able to see everything I have to do in one place or I begin to get stressed and overwhelmed. If you're anything like me, you should definitely check it out.
Google: "Up Next" app 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment