Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: Punta de Mita, Mexico....my favorite place

Punta de Mita, Mexico is a beautiful peninsula known for it's year-round perfect weather and mountainous landmarks.
Personal photo: Bahía de Banderas
July 2014

Last time I was there, we went ATV-ing through the mountains and the small town located in the middle of them. It was without a doubt one of the most interesting things i've ever done. There was something fascinating about the people living there. They had so much less than us, yet they were living in a place more beautiful than we even get to see on a daily basis. Aside from that, they were were some of the most welcoming and most gracious people i've ever met. 

One of the things that I think separates Punta de Mita from other beaches is the rocks. Some people don't like them because they are all over the beach, but I do. 

Personal photo: Four Seasons Resort
July 2014

At night, the resort I stayed at lights them up and you can see them from any distance. It's very pretty. There is a ledge over the water that you can walk out to, thats where most people go to take pictures. They also do romantic dinners up there (on my bucket list.) 
If you're ever considering a trip to Mexico, look into Punta de Mita. Trust me, it's worth it.

Carrie


3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures, Carrie - a few people have mentioned Cabo San Lucas, but this is the first time I have heard about Punta de Mita. I knew this would be a fun first blog post... but I didn't realize I would end up with this long list of all the places I would like to visit someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie! Since I had already commented on your introduction, I decided to look at this post for my second comment--and am I glad I did!! Your photos are gorgeous, and look almost as if they came out of a travel catalog. And based on your description of Punta de Mita, it definitely seems like someplace I should go before I die. Both the people and the views seem amazing, and perhaps someday I will be able to experience such an awesome place myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie! Since I had already commented on your introduction before, I thought I would read your favorite place post! These are my favorite posts because I love learning about new places around the world. I have been all over China and the Caribbean but I have yet to visted Mexico! This place sounds incredible, I would LOVE to go see that village within the mountains. I get what your saying when you noticed happy the people of the town were even though they had so much less. When I was traveling around China I visited some really small towns with people that had close to nothing, but they lived such happy, simple lives. It truly is amazing! I will definitely look into Punta de Mita if I am ever traveling to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete