Thursday, October 9, 2014

Google Presence Tech Tip

If i just search my first name on Google, the first thing that ALWAYS comes up is a photo of the scary girl covered in blood in that horror movie "Carrie".....
Google Images: Carrie
So i'm sure you can understand why I don't google myself often.
This week I learned about Google presence
I had never really googled my first and last name. When I did, it was mostly profile links to random people's web pages. My own blog pages popped up but I think that's because my laptop knows i'm the one searching. 
I had never given much thought to Internet Presence but I can understand why it would be useful. If you're applying for a job and your perspective employer is trying to find info about you - it would be good if you and some solid background information on the Internet. 
I will definitely take this topic into consideration from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment