Thursday, September 4, 2014

Famous Last Words - Week 3

Well, it's only week three but it feels like we've been in school for a lifetime. To be honest, this class has been more work than I expected but I really haven't minded it. I enjoy how much room for self-expression we get in this class, that is something that has been very rare in my college classes thus far. I have gotten the chance to explore my writing styles and techniques and apply them in my daily writings. I have realized I do better writing when the topic is more vague and I can elaborate while expressing my own thoughts.
I enjoy writing the Storytelling posts and I enjoy reading everyone else's Storytelling posts. I feel like that is where I have done my best writing. One thing that I had not gotten a lot of practice doing in the past in incorporating dialogue into my writing. I have begun to do it in my Storytelling posts and I like it; it seems to give the characters more personality.

I haven't had any tests yet for any of my classes but I have my first one coming up in a week for my Methods of Social Research class. I am a perfectionist so my biggest fear lies not in my grade, but that I will feel like I didn't put enough work in for it; my conscience will take over. Other than a little anxiety over my first test, my classes haven't been too bad. The class I was the most worried about going into this year was my Social Statistics class. I cannot do math to save my life. However, it has proved to not be as scary as I thought it would be...thank God.

My week has once again been saved by Yoga. Exercise is one of my biggest passions and it completely de-stresses me. I have finally started back up and I feel great.
I would definitely advise hot yoga to anyone feeling any kind of stress. It kind of takes you out of your element and make you forget about your day, even if it is just for an hour and a half.
Photo: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment