Thursday, September 25, 2014

Famous Last Words - Week 6

So far this week is going to pretty good, it went by fast. I had a test on Tuesday, I haven't gotten my grade back yet but I feel good about it. I got all the stress out of the way at the beginning of the week so that's nice.
My friend from home is coming to visit me this weekend and i'm excited about that. Next weekend i'm going home for the first time since school began so that's exciting too!

Yesterday I went to the dog park. I have to say, it;s a little more for me than my dog. I get to sit back and relax on a bench while he burns all his energy off all in about 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure the dog park is his favorite thing in the world. I could probably leave him there and he wouldn't even notice. He loves to swim. It was hot yesterday so it was a good day for it. He swam for over an hour. Needless to say, he slept good last night; which is good for his mom.
This is Bentley (left) at the dog park yesterday along with the link to the park's website incase anyone wants to go!

This class is going good, i'm excited about my storybook. I am a week off but it gives me more time so that's okay. I have been thinking a lot about my storybook; it's been fun to do. I really like this assignment because we get to base to story off a topic but get to add out own ideas to the story liens and our own personalities to the characters. I also really enjoy reading everyone else's. I liked reading Taylor's storybook the most. She wrote about Rama and Sits. Her story was very creative ad intriguing.
Iv'e said it before but this class has been very different from I expected. Its given us way more room for creativity and self-expression than any class I've taken before. I've gotten the chance to experiment with my writing and I definitely think it's improved since I've started the class.

That's all for this week!
Till next time....

5 comments:

  1. I like your picture! My roommate and I take our sheltie Lily to the dog park all the time. It really is the best! Unfortunately though we have to keep her home because she's in heat and is therefore not allowed to go to the dog park (understandably so, that could start a frenzy!).

    What class was your test in? Luckily, social work students don't really have many tests, we just have lots of group work (papers and presentations) and individual research papers.

    My only comment on the writing is that you might want to re-read it. You have quite a few spelling errors. Otherwise, I enjoyed hearing about your week! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie! The picture of your dog playing was so great! I could totally tell he had a blast. You're such a good owner! Isn't it the best feeling to finish tests? I just finished my midterms as well, and I had a weird mix of relief of being done with it and also a tiny bit of worry about how I did. I'm glad you feel good about your test! I really liked Taylor's storybook also-- it is so great to see how everyone interprets stories differently and can pour themselves into the projects. It's an awesome way of self-expression, and I'm loving it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie! I think that getting out your stress at the beginning of the week is so great as well. And this class allows more flexibility so it's less stress from this class thank others. I'm a week behind as well on my storybook assignment but I think it's awesome we have the opportunity to get behind and not really be behind lol. I loved reading about your trip this week to the dog park. I kept thinking about my own experience when I take my human son to the park...it is very similar I must say. They run off all their energy and sleep good at night ;) hope you have a great week and rest of semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie,
    I'm so glad someone else enjoys the dog park! I, personally, have never been to the one that you visited in Norman (because my dogs are still in Tulsa) but I do love the one in Tulsa! It's such a great way to spend time with your dog but also to let them do your own thing so that you can relax. I would usually go with a friend and we would just catch up while our dogs ran out their energy haha. I hope you're still enjoying this class and I hope that the rest of your classes are going well! Good luck on your midterms if you haven't taken them yet, and if you have- I'm sure you did great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carrie! I hope that your test went well. I also have that same feeling of stress release when a test is early in the week. I've never been to a dog park, are there many around us? Also i bet those places get pretty hectic at times. I have a little rag doll kitten named Onyx and he acts just like a little puppy so I can only imagine what he would be like at that dog park.

    ReplyDelete